There is something you might not know about me that’s relevant to this week’s podcast — I used to write really bad fiction. We’re talking really bad, with headless aliens and pink flamingos and magical, flying marmosets sort of stuff. Well because of my illustrious literary career, I have a softspot for writers doing interesting things. Nancy Brauer is one of those writers. She is working with friend Vanessa Brooks on a serialized Sci-Fi novel called Strange Little Band.
What did we talk about?
Without spoiling too much of the fun,
- Being a boring superhero
- Making a living doing something you love.
- Is the creator economy taking over the working world?
- Should you serialize your content?
- Some marketing types that we like (Chris, Havi, Maki).
- Risking that people will dig your tentacles.
- 1000 true fans
- Structured drama on the web (Reservation)
- The importance of feedback
In case you didn’t know, there are all sorts of ways to subscribe to the podcast on Talkshoe, or you can just click here.
For free updates about all of our new content, you should follow us on twitter today. You can also join us on our Facebook Fan Page.